The membership information below is from SCALAA's bylaws. If you are a private or non-profit child placing agency licensed by the State of South Carolina and are interested in joining SCALAA, please contact SCALAA's president, Laura Beauvais-Godwin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The purpose of this Association shall be to:
- Support and insure the development of professional comprehensive services to all members of the adoption triad;
- To provide a forum for networking by sharing procedures, concepts and ideas with all Association members; and
- To engage in advocacy on behalf of adoption concerns.
Cost of Membership
Annual membership fee is $100 per year.
The membership of the Association shall be as follows:
- Membership is open to any private, non-profit child placing agencies licensed by the State of South Carolina.
- Member agencies shall be enrolled upon establishing that they are licensed by the State of South Carolina as a child placement agency and upon payment of membership dues.
- Membership entitles all officers and employees engaged in adoption services of that member agency to full Association privileges.
- Each member agency shall attend at least one meeting annually to retain their membership.